Friday, July 15, 2005

unreasonable, insensible, hallelujah!

i tried reasoning with ms. lantz today. i needed to get out badly from renaissance art since i can't find time to read, and if ever i do read, i can't absorb anything. i explained my situation to ms. narciso, and she was reasonable enough, but still advised me to finish the course even if it meant low grades, just to get this over with, she said. but she told me to talk with lantz first before anything else...
me: ma'am i might need to drop renaissance art. i can't cope up with the lectures.
lantz: but you should prioritize your studies. where do you work?
me: in a call center, blah blah, working the night shift.
l: i was also a working student, i worked mondays to thursday afternoons, i go to makati on saturdays and greenhills on sundays to teach the anak ng mayayamans there. i was able to do it, so can you!
me: but i have forgotten most of my art history...
l: but if you want to do it, if you want to finish it, you will drop everything that gets in the way of your priorities. what is your priority?
me: err...my schooling...
l(now, using a louder tone, very much like bro. mike velarde): then drop everything that gets in the way of your studies!!! drop the call center job!!!
me: ...but i support myself...
l (still very much using the same tone, only with more gusto and lips now trembling): no!! your studies should come first, your transcript is forever! (patay ka jan!)
me: well, i guess i could try...
l: no! you repeat after me: i will drop everything that gets in the way of my studies!
me: but...
l: say it!!!
me:...i will drop everything that gets in the way of my studies...
ow. toxic. i suddenly found myself crying in front of lantz, partly because i was pissed off since i only wanted to get viscom electives next sem, and mainly because her enthusiasm made me want to convert to her religion. brainwashing at its finest. the conversation lasted for 15 minutes. that was the longest 15 minutes of my schoolyear. it was actually funny if you listened to our discussion. she was sooo disturbing. she should be a politician or something. but she made suyo naman when i started crying. well, i was too tired to argue. at least she told me to come to her if i ever do encounter problems.
well, i could still try the college sec.
oh boy.
my eyes hurt like crazy.

1 comment:

abba said...

galing ng voice modulation pa! salamat pau, i need all the luck i can get talaga =)